Unreliable U-Bolt Pro locking with Wifi Bridge

I just installed a u-bolt pro wifi and am experiencing the same issues. Any functionality that uses wifi is flakey at best. You are lucky if you get extremely slow response in the app. Most of the time it just sits there spinning trying to connect. This applies to both wifi wjth devices on the same network or wifi with the app running remote (either over wifi or 5g). The best way to get it working seems to be to repeatedly open and close the app and trying for 1-2 minutes. After 10 minutes it might work. Bluetooth works right away.

Im comparing this to my experience with August WiFi locks. At this point there is mo comparison.

Particularly with support. Ive had a ticket opened for 5 hours and havent had a response, yet (111561).

1 Like

@Roadracer96 Please check your email again.

I did check my email. You upgraded my lock to fix the auto lock issue. I wasnt complaining about that. I was complaining about the functionality over wifi being flakey.

1 Like

I’ve had mine since the Kickstarter or whatever. They replaced the bridge, it’s no better.

What’s messed up is the app shows everything great. I mean 270ms pings are absurd but it takes 40+ seconds to connect to the lock, if at all.

It is incredibly frustrating to not be able to rely on this.

@asten77 Upgraded, please try it again.

This seems to have made my bridge unhappy. I cannot see it when connected to the lock via bluetooth. All the information is blank except for “Server Status” Connected.

@asten77 We highly recommend you visit our support page at support.u-tec.com to find FAQs and helpful documents. It would be more efficient to click https://support.u-tec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to submit a ticket using the email associated with your Ultraloq Products or Purchase Orders.

I am having similar performance issues with by bridges (on 02.50.0503 and 02.52.0503). What is the latest version for these and could I have them upgraded, please?

@241comp 02.50.0503 is not the latest version, please try to pair it with your lock and keep it online, so that we can upgrade remotely.

Same issues. Can I get my bridge updated?

@D112 Done, please check it again.

So far so good, thank you!

I have 2 locks. One connects well and the other rarely connects. Is is also a firmware issue?

@Murakami Upgraded. Please try it again.

One lock works fine. The other one still has connection issues.

@Murakami Please try it again. If the problem persists, it would be more efficient to support you to submit a ticket directly.

My bridge is very unreliable connecting, connecting remotely works some of the time. The bridge is about 4 feet from the UL3 and about 10 feet from a WiFi AP. Really disappointed in the bridge quality and it is absolutely required to be reliable for my use case. Multiple full resets, you name it. I am a IT professional I know what im doing, completely unreliable. I opened a support ticket with very poor service and results, ticket was closed before any resolution. Going to have to move on form U-tec

@Bianco Upgraded. Please try it again. If the problem persists, our support team will reopen the tickets and help you figure it out. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Just installed new smart Lock and Bridge. Wifi does cut out and takes to long to reconnect. Version firmware is V02.52.0503. Can you upgrade it for me?

@Zumwalt It should be fine now, and please try it again.