Bridge stopped working after upgrade to V2. Tried re-pair bridge now stuck in Pair Bridge Next screen

After the app upgraded to V2 my bridge for my “Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Keypad Smart Lock - U-Bolt Pro + WiFi Bridge” stopped connecting.

I unpaired the bridge and am now trying to re-pair the lock to the bridge.

The pairing process indicates that both the Bluetooth and Wifi signals are good but clicking the next button does nothing.

1 Like

I would add - this bridge and lock was working fine for about a year. I noticed remote access had stopped working a few weeks ago but I did successfully re-pair it after updating the lock firmware at that time and remote access only stopped working within the last couple of days (which seems to coincide with the app update).

same issue! Any solution?

I finally got this to work after many many many attempts over a number of days. I’m not sure if anyone did anything on the back end but here are a couple of additional steps I took .

1. I deauthorized a u-tec to smartthings integration that I had in place in case it was somehow holding on to the bridge configuration on the back end. I’m very doubtful this made any difference at all
  2. I had a lot of devices running on the wifi network I was trying to pair the bridge to so I deactivated as many of those devices as possible to minimize any wifi network congestion. Hard to tell if this is what actually helped.

I suspect the biggest factor was patience and persistence. The bridge just seems to have a really hard time consistently making the initial wifi connection - that or my wifi network is maybe just flakey in that area? Once it’s all connected it actually works pretty well - although it’s connection is not as stable as the wifi Ultraloq.

I suspect the wifi device in the bridge is just not very powerful - the mac address maps back to the company Espressif so my guess is it probably just has an ESP8266 chip in it.
I would gladly pay a few bucks for a bridge with more robust wifi support - if I ever get another one of these I’ll either get the built in wifi or Z-wave.

More evidence supporting the flakey chipset in the bridge theory - the wifi mac address on my other lock which is an Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro WiFi maps to Texas Instruments. That lock seems to have a much more stable internet connection.

@Nicholas2 Upgraded your Bridge successfully. Any difference now?

I have the exact same issue on two locks. It’s maddening.

@Will As you can see from my previous post in the thread it started working before you made your post - so I can’t definitively say that the bridge upgrade was what fixed it.
It is however working now so you can consider the issue closed.

I have the exact same issue. I’ve been trying on and off for 2 weeks now.

We have released a new version in app store(ios: 2.0.7, android: 2.0.8), could you update the app version and try again?

I updated the app to ios: 2.0.7 and it did not fix the issue.

Same issue here. Won’t let me get past the “next” button.

Same issue here. Product Team, when will you have a solution. I am beyond frustrated with your product.

i also can’t get by the next screen on the pair bridge section!

I deleted the app, reinstalled it and it worked

1 Like

same! I changed my SSID and then unpaired my bridge to add to the new SSID. After 5-6 failures to reconnect, I re-loaded the app and the bridge paired first time.

I had the same issue after firmware update. They told me i had to buy a new one. Great company that can remotely screw up your device with their firmware and then tell you you must buy a new one.