New U-Bolt WiFi Lock Testing Guide

Hi Frank. Missed the email to sign up for a tester. Is it too late to sigh up? I have one already and am interested in your latest upgrades.

Thank you.
Rich

There will another one coming soon, will do the recruitment here in community, hope you can join in.

Just got my email about this. Not sure if it’s the correct spot. Guess we’ll find out. Thanks for the opportunity.

Frank I was selected for a test the end of last year for the Wi-Fi lock. Last email I received in January was you were still waiting on th shipment of them to arrive. What is the status of that test?? Thanks

I hope they do. Would like to see what new products they have.

Hi Everyone!
I was able to follow the instructions for Beta Testing set up etc…
a few issues I had with Lock:

1. When sending email invite for Smartphone App Access, the person never receives email to accept invite, I have also tried this on my own email and email never came through. It should be instant in my opinion. I can see how that can be frustrating for new users.
  2. Updating Firmware, I must have tried updating over 10 times, closing the app, resetting my phone and update was unable to complete. That again can be frustrating

Hey everyone.
Setup was easy along with configuration of the lock. I ran into an issue upgrading the firmware on the bluetooth, but now that I go back to get version numbers its showing it upgraded to the latest even though it errored at the end and said it couldn’t update. Bluetooth version: V00.04.0050

Just got mine installed, but I can’t seem to get it to pair with my phone. It’s just picking up the one I already had😂

1 Like

False alarm. Played with it some and got it to connect by pressing some random buttons to make sure the batteries worked

Yeah it picked up the existing lock really quick but if you let it sync longer it will pop up. Now that the firmware is updated it’s syncing and responding more quickly. Be sure you grab the latest iOS app for updating the firmware.

New app allowed for Bluetooth firmware update. Notifications on iPhone slow, and still unresponsive with Echo and Google.

1 Like

Initial report: My install went smoothly. Fingerprints, passcode, firmware upgrade all fine.

The door sensor is great. My door has a tricky molding but it still works well.

My install location has weak wifi. The lock seems to connect regularly, but the weak wifi may explain why the app is often slow to connect to the app. One observation about the app interface: Actions sometimes complete successfully but the app does not confirm.

So far so good for me. Install was very easy, connecting to wifi took a few tries but was accomplished, auto lock worked, setting my fingerprint was very easy. Haven’t tried it with my google home yet, but that’s not a feature I think I’d ever use. Very glad to see the wifi is built in now rather than needing a bridge like my other unit.

Update–
Resetting and switching to standalone mode, programming in standalone, and getting back to WiFi mode was smooth.

When I initially installed, I had to enter the WiFi SSID by hand and had to turn off the 5GHz signal on the router to get it to pair. When I re-paired the watch the SSID populated automatically and it paired smoothly with the 5GHz enabled.

Same issue here,
Hi,
My name is James Massaini,

I was selected to be part of you Bata Testing group when it was originally introduced.

I purchase your locks for years now for home and business & have interacted with your quality team in the past.

On 11/16/21 Another Congratulation Email

On 1/13/22 email regarding late shipment of test locks due to Covd 19.

On 5/10/22 email granting access to U-tec portal.

According to the U-tec Community Summary’s the locks have been shipped and we should have receive ship information.

Can you please check to see if there’s an issue with my account set-up or testing status. For I still have not received the test lock

I have performed product testing a large part of my life.

Was looking forward to being a part of your Beta test Group.

Please advise,

James J Massaini

34528 Hawke Dr

Sterling Heights, MI 48310

james_massaini@comcast.net

Well, it was paired to my phone initially. Now I can’t get it to connect over wifi or Bluetooth. Can’t get the firmware updated because it won’t connect at all. Should I factory reset and delete from app and try again? Wondering if maybe it’s in standalone mode, but I’m not sure how to get it out if that mode if it is.

Also, I just got the low battery alert. Have had the lock maybe 2 months? Used the batteries that came with it.

Last thing: I saw an email about a beta version of the app. I followed the instructions, but there was no code to actually get to the beta. Wondering I’d I missed it in the forum somehow, but I didn’t catch it in the email.

Update: I finally got it to connect via Bluetooth and it then connected to my wifi. Can’t get the firmware update to push to it. Stuck on the original 0.00.0050

What is the code to get into the beta version of the app on test flight?

Here is instructions of how to download beta app:

Thank you! Guess I missed that post.

Ok so after downloading the beta test version of the app, messing with my wifi for 2 hours to get it to connect to the 2.4Ghz band, and getting the software on the lock updated, it was accesible from within the app for about a day. Now I can’t get it to connect whatsoever. It doesn’t even try via Bluetooth, and it won’t stay connected to my wifi. I know the issue is with this rather than my wifi because it’s the only smart device in this room that has the issue. I can spend about 45 minutes factory resetting it and getting it to connect to my wifi, but within 24 hours it won’t connect again and stays that way until I factory reset it. This is extremely annoying, as it resets the auto lock setting when the connection stops working. I know it’s disconnected when the auto lock kicks in every time I let my dog in/out. Hopefully that grammar error filled rant is discernible.