UBolt Pro - battery contact

I was getting low battery notifications after just a few days of installing the batteries. It seemed the battery contact was loose so i added a piece of foil to one side (see pic- bottom battery) to tighten/increase the pressure on the battery contacts. That seemed to fix the issue temporarily. The problem is if someone closes the door hard it seems to get loose and then the low battery/depleted error comes on and then I have to manually open the unit and adjust the battery contact again. Is there another known fix for this?

I had the same problem with a u-bolt wifi unit. The contacts were misplaced and batteries would move when the door shut and lose connectivity. Support RMAd it and it was replaced within a week. They were quick to respond when I send a video of the unit turning on and off but shipping of the replacement unit was slow (almost a week). Unacceptable for a lock that has been installed.

@Herbert please check your email to find the ticket 121019. Our team had replied to you already.

my bloody lock just stopped working. no lights no sound nothing. changed 4 sets of batteries. nothing . the molex is intact it is abut 55 degrees and going up . no rain or snow,