U-Bolt Wifi - good signal, disconnected

Same issue - bought this lock brandnew and installed yesterday. Wifi will connect, then drops and says “Disconnected”. Sometimes it seems to reconnect but then drops again. My network is completely stable and it is connected from about 15 feet to the 2.4ghz SSID. Also, Auto-Unlock refuses to work. Are there firmware fixes for this product? This smartlock has all the features I wanted but if they don’t work from day 1 I dont’ have much faith in this product longterm.

1 Like

New lock just came in with same issue here. Wi-Fi set up was a pain and now the function is unusable. Remote wifi access and the key pad were my main reasons for purchasing. Pretty disappointed but feel less crazy seeing the consistent experiences others have had. All the reviews say this thing is the best since sliced bread - there is clearly some kind of disconnect.

1 Like

Is this a new issue. My lock seems to have been fropping the wifi connection since October 23. I believe there has been a firmware change. Would this explain it? Is there a fix yet?

1 Like

I’m having this same issue. WiFi is always “disconnected” the batteries die after 1 week. Firmware can’t connect to update. Very very disappointing

I have the same issue. Wifi connects and shows good signal strength when I am home, but when I leave, the remote conection is not available and the " connecting " screen never reaches the lock.

I have tried disconnecting from wifi, repairing, and still the same problem.

Ant advice to make wifi work properly?

I have the same issue. Running latest firmware, 2.4 GHz, and it disconnects and reconnects randomly. Have re-paired multiple times. Also have many other IoT devices on 2.4 that stay connected without issue. When can we expect a fix? Is this a chipset issue?

Same issue here. Running firmware 1.38.0023 and Bluetooth firmware 00.06.0050. Strong signal, but WiFi keeps disconnecting. Removed 5Ghz from router. Tried removing SSID and reconnecting SSID. Lock will reconnect to WiFi when Bluetooth enabled phone with Utec App on it is nearby, but disconnects shortly thereafter. Not very useful as a remote lock if it keeps disconnecting from the network. At this point it is a “Remote lock, but only if you are there in person”. Only WiFi device we have that does this. At this point, can’t recommend as a remote lock.

Similar story. Purchased one & it seemed to work well. Purchased a 2nd one & it worked well…then the first one turned into a brick. U-tec replaced it under warranty but I am now seeing both U-Bolt Pro WiFi’s drop signal and disconnect from my network on a DAILY basis. WiFi signal is strong. I get the prompt on my phone to get close to the lock and pair with Bluetooth. If I have to go to that trouble why not just get a keyed lock? This was rated one of the best on the market. I’m beginning to wonder… Did you ever get your issue resolved?

Same issue here. I’ve had this lock since Dec '23. It always worked fine until the last few months. Now the bridge doesn’t stay connected to Wi-Fi.

It’s a shame, because I love the lock and functionality, but at this point, it might be time to leave an Amazon review. Especially considering what appears to be a lack of response from the support team. Has anyone else managed to resolve this?

Firmware version 02.26.0020

I’m not sure what the problem is but I know how to make mine work. I have a pretty good router that has all the new bells and whistles etc. One lock attached just fine. Two or more and the dreaded wifi issues. I also use wifi extenders. So I peeled off one extender and made it run on wifi 5…not the newer wifi 6. After doing that I moved all my locks to the extender and zero wifi problems since! So maybe they do not work well together on wifi 6 for some reason? I have no idea but again…no issues since doing that.