U- Bolt Temporary User Scheduling

I agree. I have two airbnbs each with an u-bolt and I need the checkin time of day and checkout time of day features.

No. Imagine you rent a hotel room for one night. They want you to check in after 3pm and check out by 10am. How can this be done with the current ubolt? You cannot and therefore the guest can get access to the room on the first day and second day.

1 Like

Yes, this is needed for Airbnb

Has this issue been resolved yet? Can’t believe I bought this lock specifically for this feature ! Please update the software! Why would anyone need to set a check-in and check-out time for EACH day, that simply does not make sense !

As stated numerous times in this thread, we want to be able to set a check in time on one day and a check out time another day, with all times in between included !

I.e Friday check - in at 3pm and Sunday check-out at 11am, inclusive of all the times in-between.

2 Likes

@Carrie Lots of folks have provided feedback on your question. Any idea if this feature will be implemented? Thanks!

2 Likes

Bump. @Carrie please provide an ETA for this feature.

1 Like

I recently submitted a ticket for this after having been caught off guard that my new “Perfect for AirBnB’s!!!” U-tec locks actually are terrible for AirBnB’s because of this stiiiillllllll lacking feature. The support people seemed to have no idea what I was talking about or why I would possibly need this? Clearly “Carrie” is the only one reading this thread once a year, and obviously not passing the information along to anyone who writes code. OP was a year ago and the only response from U-Tec is, “huh? why would you need that?” Unbelievable. I’m going to try and return them, but probably had them too long and stuck with them until the frustration causes me to ignore the cost of replacing them with SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.

2 Likes

Yup…And we continue to wait…

The lock, while marketed to Airbnb hosts on the u-tec website, does not provide the functionality needed or advertised.

For this lock to be useful to a short term rental host, it NEEDS to have a start day and time, and an end day and time, with access for the entire time between the two times.

I love this lock but would not have bought it if I knew it didn’t work as advertised.

Hello - I need to understand if this use case is going to be supported in the next couple of months, or not. Seems like a decent lock-system, but the overhead isn’t worth it. It’s cheaper to replace all (17) locks and save the money on wages required to maintain the system. Thanks for any update to protect your business!

You can create 3 Temporary Users for the same guest with the same code.
Example for 7 day guest:

1. Guest Name
    Code 1234
    Access Date: Same Begin/End (Check in Day 1)
    Begin: 3:00 pm
    End: 11:59 pm

2. Guest name
    Code 1234
    Access date: Begin (Day 2) / End (Day 6)
    Begin: 12:00am
    End: 11:59 pm

3. Guest Name
    Code 1234
    Access Date: Same Begin/End (Check out day Day 7)
    Begin: 12:00am
    End: 11:00 am

1 Like

Hi Frederiksen1

That is actually quite logical and a great workaround! Problem is that something this basic should not require a complicated work-around and should have a simple implementation; especially if you have to do it for multiple locks (like myself with 7 or 17 like Eric12).

Admins…Is there any update on this feature being implemented?

2 Likes

I agree. They need to make it simpler.

This work around does not work. On the second day it will not recognize the code and will say that it is an unauthorized user. Not sure what to do now.

2 Likes

Well…Then we’ll just have to continue to put pressure on Utec to implement the feature…It’s only been over a year! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Honestly, the visual design of the app is pretty nice and the functions are mostly solid. It would only take small tweaks to get into that best-in-class discussion.

• Some need users to apply to multiple locks… I wonder if unique IDs and bulk actions would fit the bill.
  • Bulk operations would also help with clearing out a bunch of old users in the event of rental property upkeep. (or maybe auto-archive?)
  • Then there’s this thread about start and end times. Thanks to Air, we know the devices are capable of this right now.
1 Like

How can this not be a feature, especially when it is advertised? When will this be implemented???

-dan

1 Like

I just want to chime in to add my support for this feature. I use my u-tec for a busy airbnb but have always just used the same code for each guest. I would like to start creating a new code for each guest, preferrably automatically, but even if it’s manual that would be fine. But I need to be able to schedule access for a guest just like the OP said- starting on a certain date and time, and then ending at a future date and time, but allowing all times within that range.

As this "WISH” is going on 15-months now, I have little confidence that Ultra-Loq is listening to those who bought their products and make their profits/payroll happen.

Either there is a technical limitation or a blatant disregard for the needs of their users. Either way, they need to work on their communication or stop wasting our time asking for user feedback. Perhaps a competitor can use this site to build a real configurable/customizable lock that meets the needs of short-term hosts.

Revelent,
Please take a look at the Temp User creation. We’ve added the feature where you can check in at let’s say tomorrow at 3pm and check out a future date at 11am. Hope this is what you were asking for. We still have to improve on the UI. If you have any suggestions which would make it easier for you, please let us know. Thank you for your patience.

William

1 Like