U- Bolt Temporary User Scheduling

HI All;

I have two (2) U-Bolt Pros that I’d like to have the ability to set-up for check-in & out times for my short-term rental. Currently, I have a “Short Term Rental” profile that I toggle the Access code for to allow my Guests entry; however, recently, we have had Guests checking in early & checking out late and I’d like to stop that.

I tried implementing a “Temporary User” profile with specific date ranges, but when you try to toggle the allowed “Schedule” times, it is applying the selection to EACH DAY (i.e. If you set 1:00PM start and 5:00PM end, this is applied to each of the days of the schedule). What I would like to be able to do is set it up so a Guest has access from 3:00pm on Friday to 1:00pm on Sunday AND ALL TIME IN BETWEEN, not just from 1:00pm - 3:00pm on those days (which is what the current function does).

Thoughts?

I too would like to see this. I just came from Yale/August which has this type of scheduling. I assumed this is a pretty basic feature for a programmable lock so I was surprised to see it missing here.

8 Likes

I’m having this same issue. Would love to be able to set the checkin time example a 3 pm start time on Friday and 12 checkout time on Tuesday, but it just sets that time for each calendar day.

7 Likes

OMG, Please. Most of the smart locks have this feature and it should be default for STR

7 Likes

Add me (and every other short term rental owner) to this list. Just need to add time field to the check in and check out entries. This is quite important from liability and enforcement points of view.

While we are wishing, it would be lovely to be able to set these to default check-in and check-out times (e.g., my normal check in is 3:00pm, check out is 10am) or barring that, just to default to the times you used last.

6 Likes

OMG, you must be kidding me? How can you have a smart lock these days without this feature. Please add the ability to schedule specific check in days/times and check out days/times.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! Requested this essential feature nearly 8 months ago and NOTHING! Very disappointing. :sob:

5 Likes

This feature is ESSENTIAL!!! At this point, if it is not added over the next few months I will need to change the locks as this is a MUST HAVE for anyone that uses a property for short term rental like VRBO, Air BnB ect.
This is a MUST MUST MUST have! Can this be added?

6 Likes

I am here to search for a solution of this same matter. The original post was over 6 months ago . I am quite surprise the U-Tec team has not a single response. I expected this very basic feature to be default to a smart lock. I wouldn’t choose this brand if I knew before I bought the locks.

7 Likes

Agree 100%. This is such a basic, fundamental feature, it’s a red line for STR hosts. Please add check-in and check-out date/time to the app.

5 Likes

And we still wait for this BASIC feature…

4 Likes

HELLOOOOOO U-TEC ?? Are you listening? Are you there ?

2 Likes

@Frank and @Carrie @admins Any update on this feature request to have temporary user scheduling. As everyone in this thread has mentioned, it’s a basic feature that has been requested for almost a year with not even a response. We don’t need times scheduled for each day but rather times starting on one day- example 3pm Friday and ending on another, example 11am Monday.

2 Likes

Hi, would it be convenient for you to set the scheduled time from 12am Friday to 12pm Monday?

1 Like

No this would not be convenient as a specific start and end time are what I’m looking for. I don’t want access in that 12am-3pm window on Friday and want a way for the temporary access code to stop working at a specific time/ day picked by me -example 11am Monday.

So in summary be able to chose any start time and day, and any end time and day inclusive of all the days in between.

3 Likes

Ok, i see. So you need to set a certain time on a certain day to another certain time on a certain day. Not just a certain day to a certain day that we support.
By the way, could you tell me why would you need to set like this, for Airbnb customers?

1 Like

Yes this would be for Airbnb and any short term rentals so they can only access the property during specific times and dates they booked for. You don’t want a guest checking in early when cleaners are still working or have the ability to come back after the checkout time of 11am.

3 Likes

Carrie: You could also read the Use Case in the original post of this thread I made back in June 2022…Alot of people have been bumping this request, I just don’t understand why it has taken UltraLoq so long to respond, especially since they ask for feedback and input.

PLEASE implement this feature…It is a game changer for short-term rental hosts.

3 Likes

I also need this feature; it’s very cumbersome to manage access for short-term guests without it.

1 Like

This should be a high priority. I have 4 of these locks and would love to be able to limit their arrival time.

1 Like