I ordered my U-Bolt Pro on November 14, 2021, so it was probably installed around Thanksgiving of last year. I did not find it difficult to set up but I am pretty tech-savvy and everything was fine.
Until sometime around this past March when it stopped recognizing fingerprints even after being deleted and re-setup. I never got around to dealing with that unfortunately but at least the codes still worked…
Until before Thanksgiving (I believe it was) when the codes stopped working, it stopped auto-locking and we would regularly hear what sounded like someone trying to unlock the door from outside with a code or fingerprint.
To my knowledge, the app has never been unable to connect to it and has always given the correct status. However, when I push the status ring to lock or unlock it says connecting and the light goes on on the lock and I can hear it trying to do something but nothing changes.
What I essentially have now is a $200 manual lock.
As I said, I am pretty tech-savvy as for years, I did deskside computer support and managed a deskside support department so researching an issue and troubleshooting it myself is my go-to move. It appears that a number of owners have had very similar experiences at similar times (although I don’t recall seeing any posts with all the issues so I guess that I am just lucky).
This is the information about the app and the lock and what I have tried:
~ The Lock Firmware on the U-Bolt Pro is 02.26.0020.
~ The app was and is V2.6.0 (I have removed it and reinstalled it) and is running on an iPhone XR with iOS 16.1.2.
~ I have removed and reinstalled the lock from the app several times as well.
~ I have removed the lock by removing it in the app and by resetting it physically on the lock with a paperclip making sure to wait until I heard the long then short beeps.
~ I have deleted all other user accounts
~ I have redone the setup for my fingerprints and my code
~ I even tried (no matter how many times I clicked Send Code it just ignored me.
I figured that was bc it was the same phone number and moved on) to create a new account. Before I deleted and reinstalled the app, it was showing that there were 2 devices that I could not see in the Default location and the one that I had just re-added and placed in a location called Home, so I thought that maybe the original installation and my first re-installation might not have been completely removed. This was no longer the case after the app was deleted and reinstalled though.
I have done everything that I could find that was suggested in U-tec Help & Community Help except spray WD-40 as one user stated was helpful in getting auto-lock to work on their unit and that is only because I haven’t been able to find any in the house or garage.
I am at a loss so I am turning my problem over to you. Please let me know how to proceed or if you need any other information. I understand that it is Christmas and that other people have real crises resulting from issues with their locks so I look forward to hearing from you after they have all been helped and you have had a blessed and refreshing Christmas . If you do not celebrate Christmas, have a blessed weekend and holiday season.
Defeated by My U-Bolt Pro on Christmas Eve ,