Temporary User can not unlock with the passcode

I am using UL3 BT(2nd Gen) for a vacation rental house.
It has been working just fine for about 1 year but suddenly the temporary user (guest) can not unlock with the passcode…
It seems it works on the chek-in day, but the next day it can not be unlocked anymore.
I checked with the temporary user’s schedule and how many times it can be unlocked but I had no problem with my settings…
Is there anyone experienced the same trouble.
This is very critical because our guest is locked out from the house…
Thank you for your advice!

1 Like

I am not 100% sure what lock I have but I can tell you that my lock has done the same thing. It even doesn’t accept my fingerprints sometimes even though they are clearly stored.
I think it loses touch with the plug in device that connects to the wifi and then you have trouble. I love the lock when it works but am frustrated at the inconsistency.

Our agent replied to you via trouble ticket, please check the email.

What is the solution to get the Temporary User passcode to work again? It working just fine for about 1 year but suddenly the temporary user (guest) can not unlock with the passcode.

2 Likes

I am also having an issue with Temporary user’s passcodes not working with the U-Bolt-WiFi and using Ultraloq Air. When I change the user type to “Normal” the passcode works fine. I need this Temporary user status to manage guests at an Airbnb unit. How do I fix this?

Here’s what I figured out on mine: I set the schedule for 3:00 PM Friday til noon Sunday. The code did not work. After troubleshooting with u-tec, it turns out the start end end time apply to each 24 hour calendar day, rather than the start date and end date.
So, aside from the missing functionality, it also let me save settings that are invalid (end time before start time), so the code would never work.

That makes no sense. Were you able to get Temporary User to work?

Did we ever get a resolution on this? Part number: UUL-U-BOLT-PRO-WIFI. It’s the U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Lock. Guest users are not able to use the passcode more than once.
Do I need to add them as a regular user?

Experiencing the same issue. The lock on our Airbnb rental was working with temp user passwords since we got the lock 6 months ago and suddenly stopped working. Not sure if it was app or firmware update.

As other users reported, it does work when I add them as Normal users. I guess the temp workaround is to add the guests as Normal users and make sure to delete manually at their checkout time.

Please help.

I had this same problem - I could not create any “temporary” user no matter how many times I tried. I checked and double-checked the dates and times, and they were proper, but the new code would never actually work at the lock. But creating the dog walker as a “Normal” user worked fine and solved the issue. Please fix this bug! The feature is pointless if it doesn’t work (and clearly it does not).

This exact scenario is happening to me too! My guests cannot get in no matter what I do with the schedule. U-Tec can you please reply as to the issue and fix??

I hope this can help others as I experienced the same issue and found the solution. I have a few Temporary users who I keep and I just update their schedule. When one person could not open the door, I noticed that their start time was 11:59pm and the end time was 00:00am. I swapped the 2 times (start = 00:00am and end = 11:59pm) and the issue was resolved.