Smart Notifications for Low Battery

I have several smart locks on multiple short and medium-term rental units. It would be very helpful to get smart notifications for low batteries rather than having to rescue tenants by manually unlocking their doors because the lock batteries have died. This would save a lot of aggregation at all hours of the day to proactively swap the batteries.

I just installed a U-Bolt Pro at a vacation property. Does it only send notification when the battery dies? Or not at all? I presumed there would be a notification when battery life was down around 10% or so.

@Mike9. Unfortunately, it never sends a notification. I have four mid-term rental homes and I’ve been asking for this feature for two years now. You either have to keep checking for a low battery or you’ll get a text after the tenant is locked out. Batteries tend to last 3-4 months so I replace them regularly with turnover. This seems like a basic need that U-Tec is clearly overlooking.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous! How did they even ship a v1 product without a low battery notification???

Agreed, this seems like both a useful and obvious feature. I assumed it would do this.

PLEASE please please implement a low battery notification.

I have u-bolt pro, 4-months old. When the battery went down to less than 10%, I could hear some beeps whenever I opened the door, and I didn’t hear the beeps anymore after I replaced the batteries, so I guess that was the warning … which certainly wasn’t effective. Notification is really needed and it should be a simple change since the app already knows the battery level.

I get beeps for low battery. The Latch 5 beeps, flashes a red battery icon on the device and sends me a push notification. The batteries go on to work for about a week before completely dying. So they already have this feature in guess there is something preventing the U-Bolt from doing this. I have both bolts and latches but have only gotten the notifications on the Latch 5 Fingerprint.

Looks like it’s already been released. U-Bolt WiFi Series 01.35.0023 Firmware Release Note