New U-Bolt Pro Wifi keeps "Connecting"

Hi,

I got a new replacement U-Bolt Pro Wifi to replace my previous U-Bolt Pro Wifi whose Wifi function didn’t work (sometimes it connected to my Wifi, most of the time it didn’t find my Wifi at all). The new U-Bolt Pro Wifi can find my Wifi really well, but it has the following issues:

1. For some reason, I cannot upgrade the firmware.: it stops right at 10%. I repeated 3 times without any success. Then I removed my lock out of my app on phone & add it again. Although my app can find my lock & connect it to my Wifi really well, but I cannot upgrade the firmware.

2. When I get back to the app, it shows my lock in “Connected” status. However its status connected, I cannot do Lock or Unlock my lock. The app keeps spinning & shows “Connecting”.

Please let me know what I should do.
Thank you

2 Likes

Is your new replacement still online. The connected phenomenon states that the wifi connecting quality is not good. Either the home internet delay is huge( not the dB in app settings) for battery powered wifi device, or the lock wifi itself is not working right.

What is the phenomemon for your old lock?

Hi Frank,
Here’s my screenshot of my wifi in the app:

My lock is online now. I can lock or unlock my lock from the app, but I cannot do upgrade firmware. About an hour ago, the firmware upgrade process stuck at 24%. After waiting for about 25 min, I gave up & backed to the previous screen. The app was spinning for about 20 min or so.

I bought a U-Bolt WiFi (not the Pro) and after many failed attempts managed to get it to connect to a 2.4Ghz band. I then tried to update the firmware as there was a red dot showing an update was available. I had version:01.38.0023. Started the update and not much seemed to be happening, then I noticed that the number 1 had lit on the bolt. This continued for about 15 - 20 minutes or more until all the digits had illuminated. Then they went out briefly then back on again briefly then all went out. The App still showed that the update was in progress so I left it open and did some other stuff. When I returned maybe half an hour later it showed that the update was complete and the red dot was gone. When I checked the firmware version it still showed I had version:01.38.0023. It seems that the update takes a loooonnnnggg time so patience is a virtue here. But did it actually update my firmware, I will probably never know.