Latch 5 NFC issues limitations in function

So, dont like these…the Lock in NORMAL mode, auto locks after 3s-5min. I need to be able to disable auto lock or at a minimum, set Auto Lock to lock at a specific time of day.

Also, it seems when the lock is unlocked, lifting the handle 3 times and pushing it down once, locks it. No documentation on this…

If the lock is in PASSAGE mode, it would be ideal to lift the handle 3 times and push down once to lock it (as assumed above) and also change the mode to NORMAL.

These things are really half baked. I have the Ubolt-PRO and love it. I can lock/unlock from the device which my AirBnb guests need. They dont want to put a code in everytime they go through the door. AND, they dont want to download this stupid app to put into PASSAGE mode for a few days. too much training, it needs to be simple (Keep It Simple Stupid KISS).

Last, these are WIFI built in, which means they will consume ALOT of battery power compared to a lock that uses a bridge that is plugged into 120v receptacle. It says right where you setup the wifi, TURNING OFF REMOTE ACCESS WILL DOUBLE BATTERY LIFE…

this thing is not ideal, better to go with the LEVER that uses bridge vs this LATCH with built in wifi…

HELP!!! my 30day return policy is ticking away and customer service isnt helping…

2 Likes

thanks for this comment. I did not know lifting the handle 3times then push down will lock it. I just bought the latch nfc as well because the previous utech did not allow timed passage and I use it as an office where people need to access in and out during the day and need to be automoatically locked at night without me having to log into my app every single time. Supposedly there is an update in the works. I would like to know when this will be allowed as every single other lock allows locking and unlocking by just putting the pincode.