Fingerprint function fails in less than 2 years

Request new featureFirst, I want to say I really like the lock and its functionality but very disappointed that in 2 years (or less) it’s failing. I visited the U-tec blog pages and I see lots of people are having the same issue where the fingerprint function stops working in a relatively short period of time. I find myself in a situation where I’m not confident in spending another few hundred dollars on another U-tec product that may have the same functional flaw. Support can’t help because it’s off warranty after only 2 years. Going forward I will start looking for a more reliable product from another manufacturer and feel obligated to post a review on Amazon and your blog page relaying my experiences with this product.

I feel the same way you do. I purchased my U-Bolt Pro the summer of 2019. When I first installed it the fingerprint sensor would register fingerprints for a user. But when actually in use it wouldn’t respond. After many hours of trying to figure out what I did wrong via re-installing, resetting app and firmware, etc. I contacted customer support. They sent my a new exterior unit which immediately worked. Three years later and this unit is doing the exact same thing. It suddenly stopped responding to any touches except for during the user registration process. I’m out of warranty. Customer support only offered a 30% discount on another unit. Why would I? Buyer beware.

1 Like

My fingerprint got broken too - I am able to register the fingerprint for the user but … user has no reaction for unlock. I highly suspect it is a firmware that intentionally broken the feature - so you call for support and they offer 30% discount on new one. Great way to push new sales, but not with me. Any trace for the user to be able to roll back a firmware was erased from support website.
Well here is a summary of my saga with support: If you are out of warranty - you are on your own. I’ve asked support 3 times for access to the firmware tool that WAS available on their own website just recently. I’ve asked for having users access to older versions of firmware and software - a mast in the mess that they have with the product updates and people having problems after having updates applied and want to return to previous stable versions. They gave me a BS that the firmware can’t be rolled back as per their R&D department - complete BS!!! I am Electronics and Software Eng, so i know for sure that is a BS. I am under impression that users of out of warranty locks been pushed updated without user consent that is kind of aligned with company hiding from customers old firmware versions and tool to roll back the version if user wish to do so.They just use customers, who paid for the product, as their free software testers, … but if you are out of warranty - your only recomended solution is to buy another Ultraloq product with some discount.
Good way to go U-loc - just rename the company from U-loc to I-loc, same shady sales tactics. This is a documented tactics .
I think its gonna get worse. I guess than you pay for U-loc it has an expiry date of a 18 month. so technically its a temporary solution unless at expiry you buy a new one :slight_smile: Just keep upgrading at discount to boost company sales revenues :rage:…Personally I will not be caving to this BS.
I am switching to other brand - **eufy Security Video Wi-Fi Smart Lock
Will see if that brand will sell me a product that will not have a life expectancy of the year and a bit.
Update just pulled a trigger on 399CAD in the Canadian best buy. [
eufy Security S330 Video Smart Lock
3-In-1 Triple Security: Combines the fast Smart Lock fingerprint recognition, a 2K HD camera with 2 way comm, and advanced video doorbell notifications, into 1 device.
Thank you U-loc for pushing me to upgrade!

1 Like