Battery dies every 2 months

I bought this Ultraloq Pro Wifi in October 2022 and I am replacing the batteries every two months. I have everything shut off and never even use the app. I am mainly using the fingerprint option to open the door and manually locking it. I work from home so I am not really leaving often and when I take my dogs out I am not even locking my door. Why is this happening? It’s not like it’s being used 50 times a day. I am contacting U-tec for warranty options but I am not sure how good their customer service is. Anyone have any pointers? I have looked all over online and I am thinking the solution is only to replace it.

I had this problem as well and it got better when I started using high quality Duracell rather than Amazon Basic batteries.

1 Like

I have been using the ultraloq batteries they sell. Also the inside is always glowing red and sometimes it’s green. I am trying to figure out what that is about?

1 Like

The red light is not really indicative of whether it’s opened or closed. The beeps only happen sporadically and usually when you lock or unlock and it’s in 3 deep sequence. doesn’t this mean low battery? It happens all the time and also after putting a new set of batteries in.
My wifi signal is -46db (good)

1 Like

I’m not sure if your lock is the version that I have where two AA batteries are installed inside the both handles? If it is… take a look inside the handle with the batteries removed. There is a spring. Mine was bent over and when I inserted the batteries the spring touched the metal inside the handle. I straitened the spring with a long wood dowel.
It’s not the best design. I told Ultraloq about this years ago.

1 Like