Any update on Battery Drain?

So I’m still hearing complaints from my building around the battery issues. We have UL3 & Latch 5 locks predominantly. Varying complaints on battery drain. Some go a few months, and others every 4mths. We have to change our batteries on a regular 3mth schedule to avoid being locked out. We also have to ensure our unit owners keep a key in a lock box in case they get locked out. Some of these locks are being changed out under warranty, and some have been creeping along waiting for U-Tec to provide a fix and then finding the problem worsening until the lock is no longer under warranty.

Where is U-Tec Support on this Community Site? Do they not care? Is there a roadmap to fix this? Do they want the perception that this is not a reliable product and we as businesses need to go elsewhere…Kaba, Slage, etc… What is their goal as a company?

I’m looking at the Latch 5 locks on the Ultraloq Air platform showing offline, and they are literally 10’ from an active access point. How does my business run with that kind of reliability?

I’m at a point that I either need to hear U-Tec has a plan for me, or I have to find another vendor. Has anyone heard anything to help me stay?

@Lutrick We sincerely apologize for all these inconveniences caused. We have created a new ticket #221192 for you and our colleague will reply later. Please check your e-mail later. We now have a beta firmware, which shall be helpful to improve the wifi connection stability. Can we push it to your lock for a try?

Absolutely, but push it to the locks assigned to the account Perdido.quay.board@gmail.com. Those 2x locks are set up under the Ultraloq Air application. They are 2x Latch 5 locks that are in our Common area space for access to our Generator & Electrical rooms. I’ve had to replace both locks batteries every 1-1.5mths and did so last night to ensure we have access.

I have owners in the building that have Latch 5 locks and I will notify them of the newest firmware if they are able to access it.

BTW, Thank You Eli for responding, as my property has been in the dark on this topic for over a year, so I’m hopeful that this will clear up the problems.

Absolutely, but push it to the locks assigned to the account Perdido.quay.board@gmail.com. Those 2x locks are set up under the Ultraloq Air application. They are 2x Latch 5 locks that are in our Common area space for access to our Generator & Electrical rooms. I’ve had to replace both locks batteries every 1-1.5mths and did so last night to ensure we have access.

I have owners in the building that have Latch 5 locks and I will notify them of the newest firmware if they are able to access it.

BTW, Thank You Eli for responding, as my property has been in the dark on this topic for over a year, so I’m hopeful that this will clear up the problems.

@Lutrick The firmware of your 2 Latch 5 Locks has been successfully updated to V01.41.0016. Please help to monitor whether this can help to resolve the issue.

Brand new batteries placed in both locks 15 days ago and already seeing Medium power position coming up. Still watching

@Lutrick Thanks for your update. If the issue remains, please contact us directly via your ticket so that we can better help.

I ran into the same issue and more. After an update and receiving a new auto lock magnet, it worked for a couple of weeks and then the same problems. I finally bit the bullet and got a Schlage Encode. It has the same features minus the open door detection for quite a few more dollars. There is one difference. It works! Very reliable and does not drain the batteries. I went through all my tests including controlling it on my vacation home (600 miles away). Works like a charm! Have thrown the ULTRALOQ in the garbage.

1 Like