Alexa only half works

I enabled voice command. Alexa can unlock the door with the passcode, but cannot lock it. It reports that it’s locked, but the U Tec Android app and my own eyes say otherwise.

James25,
Does it lock with the Alexa app when you press the lock button? How about the U-tec app? The only issue is with locking with Voice? Can you try to unpair Alexa and go through the process again? Since you’re on Android, can you try Google Home and see if you can recreate the same problem?

William

Does not lock with the app or voice. Disconnected and reconnected the account. Still no. Connected to Google Home. Still can only unlock and not lock.

James25,
I would suggest taking out a battery from the lock to reboot it. Try disabling the auto lock and remove the door sensor from the App(not physically). Check the FW to see if you need any updates. Also try updating the U-tec app itself in G Play. Log out of the app and log back in. If these suggestions don’t work, try support at 1844 HEY UTEC or put in a ticket at support.u-tec.com. Thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

William

I’m having the same issue.

Additionally, Alexa doesn’t recognize that the lock is “Jammed”.

Would be awesome to have a voice announcement when a lock is Jammed but it doesn’t seem possible.