Wi-Fi fails to reconnect

I’ve had several issues with the Wi-Fi connection for this lock. First, it can’t connect to a modern dual band router unless you either turn off the 5 GHz band or, if your router allows it, connect to the 2.4 GHz band exclusively. My brand new mesh router only allows me to turn off the 5 GHz band, essentially forcing me to degrade my router’s performance.

Second, when the power goes out the lock will not automatically reconnect with the router. It seems to completely lose the Wi-Fi settings and the only way to reconnect is through the app and Bluetooth. You cannot reconnect it remotely.

Both of these are, in my opinion, a function of poor software/hardware design. I use many smart devices; Kasa, Rachio, RainPoint, Honeywell, Wyze, Hubitat to name a few that ALL connect easily with dual band routers AND reconnect automatically when the power goes out and comes back on.

One of the main features of a smart lock is remote access. I would argue it is the single biggest reason people get them. Our lock is 2 hours away from our home at our beach house making the reconnection impossible until I make the trip to house. This, in my view, is unacceptable and should be addressed to bring this lock’s technology up to 21st century standards.

1 Like

Same issue here, home is 1.5 hours away, loses connection, doesn’t reconnect, mesh wifi router. I do have another router on my network that has separate bands for 2.4 and 5GHZ bands but bridge will not connect to that either. Sadly I have fourt of these and am now looking for another solution using devices built to reliably use 21st century technology. Avoid these these pieces of junk until the company spends the extra $1,000 in development cost to fix their glaring software inferiority.

2 Likes

@John27 Please check your updated request #188402 when you have a chance.