Can't connect to lock remotely

I have no luck connecting to my lock using the bridge when I am not in my condo. It connects fine while I am in the unit but if I am remote it fails to connect. Which somewhat makes the app useless as I would want to be able to open and close the door remotely and/or check the status to be sure I have locked the door.

It worked in the past but has now stopped. Not sure what, if anything, changed.

Any ideas?

Hi, @Peg our agent has replied to you in the trouble ticket system, please check the email.

Can you post the fix here so we can see what to do.
mine does the same thing. I need to reset the bridge at least once a week. I am in range, about 4 ft. away and it is on the 2.4 WiFi signal.

1 Like

Gilbert - Please, post a fix for this. Since downloading the Beta, nothing will connect via cell, but only wifi…Kind of lame, conceptually.

@Janzer @Ballard We have updated your bridge firmware, could you check if it connects better now?

My bridge firmware version is V02.52.0503. Is this the new version? I wish you would have posted the bridge firmware version that you updated to on your post.

I finally got a chance to remotely test this to see if I could connect. It is a test sample of one but I could connect today when I left the building. Apparently the upgrade helped.

@Gilbert - The app does now work remotely for unlocking. Although it is not possible to access the log for users still unless connected to wifi. Is that possible to alter and change?

Please try to replace the new battery., most of the time it works If the new battery still does not work, go to the support page to submit a trouble ticket we will help you to solve it.

I have the same issue. I can’t control the lock remotely. When I enter the App, the Bridge is connected to the wifi network, however the lock won’t connect, therefore I can’t control de lock remotely. Could you help me with this issue.

1 Like

@Trujillo1 We upgraded your Bridge successfully, which improved the communication features between the 3rd-party server and ours.

After that, please log off your U-tec App, then log in again. How to log out of the U-tec account?

Sometimes, you’ll need to unplug, plug it in, or pair it again. Setting Up Ultraloq Bridge

Here is the video for your reference. Ultraloq | App Guide: Pair Ultraloq Bridge - YouTube

We hope this helps! Please let me know if you need anything else!

Hi there! I’m still having trouble connecting to the lock remotely. This is a constant issue. What is the problem? Is the only device in the house that cannot connect remotely

@Trujillo1 Please click here https://support.u-tec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to submit a ticket directly. If we decide your device is defective, we’d be happy to offer a free replacement under warranty. Please don’t worry.

I’m also having this issue. I am not able to connect to the lock if I’m not on the same network. It is for a rental property that is 2 hours away. As soon as I got home I could no longer connect. I need a serial number in order to submit a ticket. I can’t access the serial number because it won’t connect to the lock. I tried calling twice today, but no one answers the phone and no one has called back. This has been going on for months. I need to be able to access the lock and be able to add/remove codes, see the logs, etc. I bought a new bridge thinking that was the issue. It was not and the lock still won’t connect. I see some others have had this same issue and firmware updates seem to have fixed it. It says my firmware is up to date on my app, but perhaps you have another update you’re putting out manually? Please let me know what needs to be done to fix this. Thank you!

Hi Michael,

I believed you just get a call from our agent. We are not able to update the firmware of your bridge in our system. You will need to disconnect the bridge and set it up again in the app. You could give us a call when you are nearby and we will work you through the whole process.

Hello i am having this same issue on my airbnb house lock. Please help. I can see the bridge and it shows both connections being good but can not lock/unlock or change codes via wifi or cell data.

@Bailey1 we have upgraded successfully and pls try it again.

Thank you. It works now!

I also am having this issue. Evwrything works fine while i am in my home but while I am away, I can’t see my lock, unlock it remotely, add anyone or view my logs. My lock shows my firmware is up-to-date. It has been installed less than a month.

@Harless Please try it again. :smiley: