Ultraloq Bridge defekt?

Hello, my Ultraloq Bridge shows during setup: Wifi Signal “Good”, Bluetooth Signal “Poor”. It connects to the door lock but shows in the overview: WIFI Signal “Good”, BLE Signal “Fail”. The indicator light is constantly on yellow instead of green. I have tried resetting the bridge,. When I press the reset button, nothing happens. The bridge is permanently on yellow. No red or green in between as described in their instructions. If I unplug the bridge and plug it right back in, it flashes green too briefly then green for 2-3 seconds, then back to steady yellow. The router and the bridge are located immediately at the entrance of the door about 50 cm. Up to 1 m. Is it possible that the bridge is defective? Maybe someone has another idea before I buy a new bridge and maybe then have the same problem.
Model: bridge0503
Version: 02.52.0503
WLAN: 2.4 GHz

1 Like
  • Make sure you’re on 2Ghz network. It must not be a Guest network
  • If setup fails, remove batteries from the lock and wait 30 seconds. Reinsert batteries and do another attempt.

The WLAN is in 2.4 GHz network. I have tried everything possible: Took out batteries, reset bridge, reset lock and it all did not help. The lock works fine in the apartment, but only when both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled. If only Wi-Fi is on and Bluetooth is off, the app connects, but no functions (unlock, lock, view log, configure uses) can be performed. This is also the case when I am out of the house, i.e. remotely. If only Bluetooth is turned on and the WLAN is turned off, I can only use the unlock and lock functions. Everything else does not work.

Hi Klaus,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused for you. This is not what we want our customers to experience.

A ticket has been created for this issue. Please check your e-mail for our detailed reply.

Thanks for your understanding.