U-bolt Pro Wifi displays door open all the time

It keeps displaying that the door is open when it is open or closed. Status does not change. It was working at one point today. I have set the sensor up several times no change. Any ideas?

1 Like

Are you on WiFI or Bluetooth? From my experience, it does not work realiably with WiFi at all.

1 Like

I have the same problem. So… WiFi is the culprit?

WiFi doesn’t work with this lock, see my other post.

• I had the same problem with Matthew4, the error message on the App said “Door is open” regardless of whether the door was open or closed.
  • I just installed “ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Lock with Door Sensor” During the installation process, the Lock successfully recognized and installed the door sensor. Note, I have both Bluetooth and Wifi ON and can LOCK and UNLOCK via the App.

U-Tec support team, please let me know how to fix this error as soon as possible. If you think this is a defective lock then I would need to return it to the store. Thanks.

I just bought and installed my U-Bolt Pro Wifi this weekend with the door sensor. The first day or 2, things worked as expected. Now, 3 days later, it’s always saying my door is open. I’ve tried disconnecting/reconnecting the door sensor multiple times, but nothing seems to work. Connected via both bluetooth and WIFI and everything else seems to work OK. Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

I also have that problem plus I now can only operate the lock manually

They had to send me a entire new unit

1 Like

I have the same problem and it is a brand new lock.

I had the same issue with a U-Bolt Pro indicating unlocked when the deadbolt was locked. I found the issue to be that the tolerance for the strike plate is way too tight. If there is the slightest bit of pressure or resistance felt when manually turning the deadbolt, you may need to adjust the strike on the entry set to free up the deadbolt. I feel that the plate and the recessed strike box need to be of a larger opening. Most entry doors are not aligned perfectly and need some allowance for this.

Yes mine was also brand new. They will need to send a replacement.

I have the exact same problem. Installed lock just last weekend days ago. How do I get uTec to help me? I sent in a support ticket about the lock constantly saying it’s “jammed” when it isn’t, but have never heard back.

@Matthew4 Your request is marked as solved. May I know if you still need any further help by any chance?