U-Bolt Pro Lock Zwave and Home Assistant Issue

I am having the same issue… I’ve had the lock for ~6 months. It works fine for days at a time then, after manually unlocking the deadbolt to leave the house, when I return, the door is still unlocked, and my Home Assistant automations did not run, because Home Assistant still sees lock as “locked”. The status does not update. I can watch the state change from locked to unlocked to locked if I use the app to change the state, but when I unlock the door manually, the state does not change. I am on firmware 1.5.3. I paid a lot of money for this lock to replace a Kwikset deadbolt that had weathered because I had it for ~10 years. The Kwikset lock never had an issue. If U-Tec cannot provide a fix soon, I will be seeking a refund, and going back to Kwikset, and posting a negative review on Amazon to make sure other shoppers know of this serious flaw in the product. I suggest others on this forum share their experience on Amazon.

1 Like

@Joe14 We are so sorry for this inconvenience caused for you. Please click here: https://support.u-tec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to submit a ticket. If we decide your device is defective, we are willing to offer you a replacement under warranty. Please don’t worry.

I’m also seeing there’s a discrepancy between the lock status reported by Home Assistant and the actual lock state when unlocked manually. I have the latest version of Home Assistant installed, and the lock firmware version is 2.26.0022 with Z-Wave firmware 1.5.3.

@mike23 According to our research, the solution needs to be replacing the Interior Assembly part and not updating the Z-Wave firmware to V1.5.3. Please click here to submit a ticket to request a replacement Interior Assembly under warranty.

After opening a ticket, I was given this link to update the firmware via HA. After several weeks things seem to be fixed.

https://file.u-tec.com/homekit/U-BOLT-PRO-ZWAVE_V1.7.gbl

I just purchased this lock and am having the same issue with ZHA. How do you update the device firmware through HA?

@Bill9 Hi, we have created ticket#230676 for you. Please check your e-mail for detailed reply.

Same issue as everyone else. The Z-Wave functionality was working fine for a few months but now it stops sending any updates about manual events. I have the Z-Wave radio extremely close to the lock so it has no excuse. Home Assistant reports the Z-Wave version as 1.7.3 and the app says the firmware is 02.26.0022.

We have replied to you in ticket#230861. Please check your e-mail for detailed reply.

How’d you install the firmware? I’m using HA with Z-Wave JS UI and I’m not sure how to upgrade with a downloaded firmware file. Both HA and Z-Wave JS UI shows the device is up-to-date with no option to provide my own firmware files.

Can you send me details on how to manually update the firmware?

@G112 We have replied to you in ticket#244567. Please check your inbox for a detailed reply.