Not connecting to the lock

I’ve given feedback but haven’t received a reply except another copy of instructions on how to download the app. I am having issues connecting after installing. My lock is on there and all the info from the old app, but it just keeps spinning. Once in a while it will connect by itself without me trying, but this defeats the ability to use the app when needed.

Hi, I would like to ask do you have the same problem happened to the older version of the app?

And do you keep the bluetooth turned on when connecting? When the lock is connected, is it connected via bluetooth or wifi?

Yes same issue with old app

Stan Miller

That’s what I’m not sure of. I have wifi and Bluetooth on

Stan Miller

Are you still with me here

I’m trying to reach you by email, here and by phone… Please someone reply so I can get my lock working

Please delete the lock in the old app first, make sure it is deleted from the app settings, then the hard reset the lock. Add the lock to the new version App again, this should work. If not, please contact my email: frank@u-tec.com

Thanks Frank,
Do I need to reinstall the old app again to delete the lock or can I delete it in my wife’s app?

Stan Miller

I cannot delete the lock in my wife’s app or mine because it’s not connecting due to me resetting the lock by pushing the reset button. I get 1 long and 2 short beeps, then after a few seconds I get 2 short beeps. Tomorrow I will try again to connect or wait to hear from you.
Thanks & Regards

Stan Miller

Frank, I tried to connect with just Bluetooth and it’s doing the same thing.

Stan Miller

You only need to login in your account in the V1 version of the App, find whether the lock is still in the App. No need to connect the lock with the App, simply go to the settings , choose Remove Device, this will make sure the device is deleted in the cloud. Then hard reset the lock with a needle or pin, until you hear the long beeps. Then add the device in the New App.

If can not find the device in the V1 version of App, please give me your email account registered in the App.

So I do need to install the old version back on my phone, log in and delete the lock since I cannot see the lock on my wife’s due to it not connecting. I will do that and see if that works

Stan Miller

Thanks Frank,
I went to the app to uninstall and tried once more before switching to the V1 app and it decided to connect. Now I have the lock and the bridge connected and working on my v2 app. My wife’s app now says no permission to unlock, and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Do I need to do something else in order for her V1 app to work?

Stan Miller

Ok I think we got it now. I had to log my wife out of her app and then change her password and log her back in and now it’s working on both phones.
Thanks so much for all your help and if you could update all the tickets for the others that were helping that would be great too. Thanks again sir!

Stan Miller

Glad to hear that, suggest you upgrade your wife to V2

Ok, when I do, is there anything I need to do other than uninstall the V1 and install V2 and just log her in?

Stan Miller

Is there a reason our unlock codes keep disappearing in V2? We can open the door with them but it would be nice to see them again in the app. They were in V1 but not in V2.
Thanks

Stan Miller

First, the unlock code is there in the lock. There is a bug for the App, so it seems disappearing. Will get it fixed in the next release.
If your wife share the same account as yours. Simply uninstall V1 and install V2, log in.

1 Like