How can this be so bad?

After reading a lot of reviews it seems that large orders for a business don’t have the same issues that 90% of individual house holds have.

Makes me wonder if it is something on the backend that they focus on primarily business and make sure to push all of their resources in that direction. While at the same time they don’t care about a single family and their security.

Which is fine if the company wants to prioritize large order businesses. But if that’s the priority then only all in the B2b/ commercial arena and out of the direct to consumer arena

We have 15 U-Bolt WiFi locks at our motel and had one issue in a year and a half. We had one deadbolt jamb closed that we think someone who stayed in the room slammed the door so hard it broke the physical mechanism so the bolt did not open. U-Tec replaced it.

I struggle with your comments a little. Was the lock installed correctly. Alignment is critical so the lock does not hang up or jam when opening and closing.

Before we purchased the 15 deadbolts, we tested a couple other of their locks, levers with keypads. We are in Vermont and we wanted to make sure the weather would not be an issue with the function of the locks or the battery usage. All worked perfectly and so well we decided to go all in. But only when they came out with the U-Bolt WiFi as we did not want to have separate WiFi blocks for each lock.

We are extremely happy we did.

Roy, not sure what problems you are having, but it seems to me maybe this type of lock is not for you as you have complained about three separate company’s product now. Could it be the environment you have, the users being too rough, bad installation or something else? We wish you the best of luck! We are extremely happy with 15 U-Bolt WiFi and one Ultraloq Lever (love the finer print reader on this).

Wells, I’m a motel owner and I don’t think that’s the case as we bought test units before hand to test prior to buying our 15 units at one time. All worked extremely well in the test units.

I’d also like to know what percentage of locks have had issues. Nothing is perfect. There will be a bad unit that slips thought testing or may have been damage during installation.

We’ve had great luck and when we’ve had an issue, just one, and I think it was a guest, not the lock, U-Tec was excellent in replacing the broken part.

Well for what it’s worth my other two name brand deadbolt locks also have both dropped my fingerprints after a week and won’t open except from their app brand is KwikSet modern - does not even have a number pad as backup. Have to remove device from the app and from Bluetooth and remove battery pack, press
And hold various reset buttons that sometimes do not respond, do a factory rest and then reinstall the entire lock as if it just got put on the door. After that it allows me to re-add my same fingerprints. So it’s not just ULoc that is buggy and frustrating!!

Totally agree. When we first fitted our lock, I was setting up my husbands fingerprint. I had set up my fingerprint and code and tested fine, but we went outside so I could run him through the operation the key pad lost all responsiveness - we were locked out on the fourth floor - in our PJ’s! About 20 minutes later the keypad became responsive again but it left us fearful it would fail again so had to issue tenants with a key, which defeated the point of getting the “smartlock”. Then couple of days later it started beeping randomly. I checked the batteries were ok and it stopped. Now today, it locked my tenants in the apartment at 9.30pm at night. I had to call on a strata member with a safety key to try and unlock the door with a key from the outside, but nothing would unlock the door, despite hearing the unlock beep, the app showing door was unlocked. Finally the tenants had to completely remove the lock. So now I have a strata call out fee, tomorrow I will have to pay someone to come and fit a non-smart lock. When I checked out the support page, it would appear mechanical failure of the latch is not uncommon being that it is in listed troubleshooting. So much for their ease of remote usage, security, bla bla bla