Fingerprint scanner not working any more

It worked on my older Samsung J3 I guess. I am kinda gave up on U-tec after I saw an attitude from support on this topic and a lots of small and big details have a clear signs to me that company runs a engineered obsolescence sales taktiks or another thing that they don’t give a crap about old customers. No willing to fix or help people with finding the problem cutting support and hiding the firmware tool . Kinda the path that Titan ocean gate CEO took and it didn’t end well. Either way it’s really bad.
I’ve moved to another brand Eufy smart video lock so far so good.

Yes, I agree. Sounds like a good idea. It seems like if they are so sales centered and nobody gives a crap about tons of old customers and the admins and support happily ignore this hot topic I guess the best way is your suggestion.
Yap maybe Amazon bad reviews will grab their attention.

No single support person response here to publicly even try to help us to troubleshoot the firmware.
Let’s bomb the Amazon reviews as nobody reads the support site while making a purchase decision

1 Like

I was able to get an older phone, but the update failed.

Exactly the same. It responds when I make new fingerprint records, but not to unlock.

That’ll convince me to purchase new products from the competition if your conspiracy theory is correct.

Well, I guess it’s my turn. My Kickstarter Ultraloq stopped ‘Unloqing’ about 3 months ago, so everyone in the house just started using PIN codes. Like everyone else, the fingerprint sensor works fine to register and re-register, but absolutely won’t work to unlock the deadbolt - regardless of how much breath or spit you slime your fingers up with. I have tried hot-plugging the sensor into the lock with no change. Looked at the connector under the Keyance and all the wires are connected. No water damage. Nothing unusual. I’m nearly certain this is a firmware-related issue, and U-Tec’s lack of response on the issue here says loads about them and their product support. They can take that 30% discount code and stuff it in the trash along with the dynsfunctional Ultrawontloq that’s about to be dropped in there with it. I don’t even want to dick around with Tech support after reading some 85+ posts saying the same thing I just said. I got some reviews to write. Hold my beer…

Im having the same exact issue… lock has been great… purchased it last september. 2 weeks ago finger print stopped working… i replaced batteries… i even went in and resid my finger prints and it let me do that! But it wont respond at all when i place my thumb on the plate… or anyone anymore for that matter… what do i do?

I can’t believe I didn’t look here sooner. Exact same issue. No response to fingerprint at all but can add new prints so sensor is working.

Support played dumb and just offered to replace the “out of warranty” device with a 30% discount. Not knowing any better, I agreed and paid for the replacement.

The replacement arrived. Good news, the fingerprint reader works! Bad news, even though I re-connected the new lock to my old WORKING WiFi Briidge and the signals all look solid, as soon as it connects on WiFi it flips right back to bluetooth so I have no remote connectivity.

Guess what support’s solution is? We’ll sell you a new bridge for a 30% discount!!!

I figured I would try the firmware downgrade on the old lock, but the download referenced above no longer appears to be there. Can anyone point me to a working copy?

Thanks!

My 2 cents, stop wasting money on U-lock, just buy Eufy lock, comes with the bridge and has a video, 2 way sound, doorbell

My lock is also not opening with the fingerprint. I can use the code or the app, but just get a red light when trying to use my fingerprint. Please help!

Hi Allison,

We apologize for this inconvenience caused for you.

A ticket has been created for this issue and our colleague will reply to you in detail. Please check your e-mail later.

Thanks for your understanding.

What about the 60 other people in here that have reported this same problem? When will Utec acknowledge this problem and tell us what’s going on? We don’t want 30% coupons to buy a new lock with defective firmware – we want a working lock. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM?

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem - keypad works, but fingerprints stopped working. Help!

I removed my dysfunctional U-Bolt “Pro” and dropped it into the trash can last night.

Thanks for nothing, U-Tec.

Add me to the list of people who are having this exact same problem. Scanner works perfectly fine when setting up new accounts. Scanner doesn’t respond at all when attempting to use it to unlock the door. I’ve had the lock for two years.

1 Like

@Will Please help me as well - Fingerprint sensor not working!

I have the same exact issue. I can add new fingerprints and the scanner will respond to that but it doesn’t respond when i try to unlock the lock. I’m out of warranty and support basically told me to buy a new lock.

Im in the same boat. A few days ago, my fingerprint scanner just stopped working completely. It doesnt beep or glow or anything. But punching in a entry code does work. Whats the fix?

Looking at the thread it doesn’t look like there is a fix. I ended up getting a new lock.

My lock was working perfectly until I had the batteries replaced.
After I installed the new batteries it has stopped activating the fingerprint scanner.