Eating Batteries

Does anyone else with the BETA lock have issues with it eating batteries? I have it on a door with no a ton of traffic, use it maybe once every few days (fingerprint, code or app) and since I have gotten it I have had to replace the batteries twice now. I get the low battery warning on the app. I am using standard batteries, nothing rechargeable but I was going to move it to lithium rechargeable ones eventually.

I have not had the battery drain issue. Several others, but on the original batteries.

Be careful with lithium batteries, esp rechargeables, because they drain nonlinearly. That is to say, the lock will report all good on the batteries, but then once they are out of juice, they fall rapidly from ā€œlowā€ to ā€œdeadā€. Iā€™ve had this problem with other lithium batts (non-rechargeable tho) where they went from ā€œfineā€ to ā€œuselessā€ in a very short time. Maybe if youā€™re around frequently to recharge them, it will be fine. For my application, where Iā€™m not there often, I need the extra warning time I get with the graceful decline of conventional alkalinesā€¦ Anyway, just thought Iā€™d add my 2cents - otherwise have no input on your REAL question lolā€¦ good luck!!

1 Like

If you have a wifi bridgeā€¦try moving it to a different outlet. I had battery issues that I guessed were related to the wifi connection dropping. Moved the bridge and things got better.

I have the same issue if replacing batteries about every month. Just terrible. The company was going to send me a new interior assembly, but they wanted me to pay for shipping. Unbelievable, it is under warranty, not good customer service. Disgusting.

My beta lock completely stopped working about a week ago. I thought it was because of batteries, but i have tried 3 different brands and its just dead. :sob:

Iā€™m trying to find batteries that will work as well. The rechargeable lithium batteries I used in my last smart lock do not work at all in my U-Bolt, even immediately after being fully charged.
So, I bought new Alkaline batteries and they donā€™t work at all either.

I put back in the original batteries and the lock works again, but the battery level is listed as ā€˜Lowā€™. Iā€™m having trouble finding suitable batteries, which is very frustrating.

My rechargeable batteries should at least work for a while.

What batteries are people using?

Did you get any answers? We are going through batteries. What are you using?

I did get answers, they donā€™t know. Up and back with tech support and the final result, because Iā€™m out of warranty itā€™s my problem. I ended up buying a new lock