2 Major Issues with Smart Notifications

Hi, all I want to do is set the smart notifications to notify me when the door is locked/unlocked between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

Problem 1: You can’t choose the begin time to be later than the end time. It will not accept 10pm and begin and 6am as the end, even if I select all the days.

My workaround was just going to make one smart notification from 10pm until midnight, and the other from 12:01am until 6am.

Problem 2: You can’t create multiple smart notifications. This is extremely bizarre. When I try to create a new smart notification setting, it just overrides the previous one.

This is a very straightforward use case, to be notified overnight. Why is this not possible?

Hi Clayton,

We are so sorry for this inconvenience caused for you.

A ticket has been created for this issue. Please check your e-mail for our detailed reply.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi, thank you for the reply. For everyone else, this was the reply:

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused for you.
"

For Problem 1: we are so sorry that the begin time and end time can only be set within one day and repeated for several days , so the begin time cannot be later than the end time.

For Problem 2: Yes, one type of smart notification can only be set once.
"

Thank you for confirming that this was not user error nor was it a bug. However, this is a pretty big oversight in terms of feature design. I hope a future update allows me to set notifications for triggering over night. Thanks.

No notifications on iOS 17 when I upgraded to Iphone 15 Pro