U-Bolt Pro strike install help needed

I have a question about the strike/strike plate and the 2nd piece that goes with it. I’ll call it the brass bolt receptor and it appears to go behind the strike plate for added security.

It says “Door Stop Side” and an arrow points to the right. Are they saying this goes in with the arrow pointing to the outside of the house? So, in my case, the orientation would be right side up with the arrow pointing into the garage? There is no mention of it in any directions or videos. Thanks.

Here is the part I’m referring to.

@Mark We have replied your ticket #120337

Why not post the answer here so we can all learn? I for one would like to know the answer

If I could find the ticket I would have. It’s no where obvious and they should post public responses.

It’s called a strike plate dust box. I stole this from the internet. “dust box pack is fitted into a door frame, behind the cut out of a lock’s strike plate, to prevent dust from coming out of the latch hole and provides a finished look.” Keeps dust and wood chips away from the mechanism and cosmetic. If it fits use it, if not don’t lose any sleep over it.

Well, this topic has lasted longer than I thought since I posted it almost 10 most ago. The dust box also adds a measure of security to make it harder to push the door open by weakening the door jam.