New Product Will Support Apple Homekit Integration

We’re considering Apple HomeKit integrations for the smart lock within the next year also.
Do you guys think it would be very necessary for you?

6 Likes

This is very necessary for me. I can get by without it, but it’s the user-friendly method my other family members strongly prefer. The lack of homekit integration has prevented me from recommending this product to other family members who do not consider these types of products as both a value and a hobby, as I do. Until this feature is added, I must continue to recommend August Smart Locks, despite the quality of the U-tec Ultraloq being far superior.

10 Likes

Yes, it would be really helpful. I’d love to make shortcuts with HomeKit related to my other devices (like turning on/off lights) and my Ecobee thermostat.

I have several friends who are only HomeKit and are waiting for a great lock like this when it is HomeKit compatible.

5 Likes

This would be very helpful. I really do hope you support homekit.

4 Likes

I am seeing this note that you are considering Apple HomeKit integration for more than 2 yrs , when is this coming ?

It’s good hardware but on software it’s lacking a lot , please bring this feature before users move away from this lock , there a quite lot of smart devices supporting Apple ecosystem

3 Likes

Homekit feature is indeed under progress, surely will not take 2 years. There will be first announcement here when a Beta version is comming.

5 Likes

Yeah I think it’s good idea. I could already see it on the hub with Qr code the one comes with door lock. So you could integrate this with as an extra feature with process of registering the device. Like Meross smart plug you can connect to Apple first then Google and Alexa. This process maybe a Challenge to customers because Apple HomeKit doesn’t make it easier. You need an Apple device speaker that already connected to the Wi-Fi. This is because it acts as a HomeKit hub for other Apple kit intergration. Otherwise you’re gonna have a no respond Red flag on your utech device when you see in Apple homekit. People gonna wonder why. they’re not gonna like that. cautiously look into that and recommend customers on this process.

Yes please! Not only for us, but for you. In looking for what smart devices I purchase, having ones that can integrate with my eco system is so much more helpful than just an off the shelf smart device. It is the first thing I check now when smart device purchasing.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say its necessary, but I would use it.

Yes please! When you do integrate HomeKit, would this be an OTA upgrade to existing locks or would it likely require a new purchase?

1 Like

Absolutely yes! Especially with Schalge releaseing a HomeKey compatible lock, the fact that the these locks aren’t HomeKit enabled is a dealbreaker for my clients. Until HomeKit integration, it’ll be Weiser Premis locks for them, even though the feature set is better with yhe UBolt Pro.

1 Like

This would be huge. Sooner the better. “Hey Siri, unlock the front door”

2 Likes

YES. A lack of HomeKit support is what keeps me from recommending to family and friends and buying additional ones myself. The UX in the app could absolutely use some improvements and HomeKit integration would help address that for Apple users who can bypass and use the native iOS functionality.

3 Likes

Yes please! This would be a great integration.

1 Like

Yes! Almost all of my other home automation devices use homekit either natively or through a HomeBridge plugin. So, again, yes please.

1 Like

I love my U-tec system and keep hoping you will add Apple HomeKit compatibility.

1 Like

Yes. HomeKit is the most secure and stable commercial platform available. Would be nice to have as I slowly implement HomeKit with all smart devices.

2 Likes

I would love this! Very important for my setup

1 Like

Yes, hugely necessary for me. I can barely get them to communicate and would love to be able to tell google or homekit to lock all doors as I’m in bed or heading to bed.

Yes very much so. All my other smart devices are already there. Miss you there.

1 Like