Can I purchase the door sensor separately?

The lock is great! But I purchased a version without the sensor. Can I purchase the sensor separately or do I need to purchase a different version of the lock?

@Robertson1 The Door Sensor is only for U-Bolt WiFi / U-Bolt Pro WiFi and U-Bolt Z-Wave / U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave , which can detect your door’s status if you paired it correctly. U-Bolt Pro can not work with the Door Sensor.

You can click Compare – U-tec (u-tec.com) or see below to find the main difference between U-Bolt Z-Wave / U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave, U-Bolt WiFi / U-Bolt Pro WiFi, and U-Bolt / U-Bolt Pro:

Model Fingerprint Bluetooth WiFi Z-wave Door Sensor
U-Bolt :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_check_mark: Ultraloq Bridge is required. :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x:
U-Bolt Pro :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: Ultraloq Bridge is required. :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x:
U-Bolt WiFi :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_check_mark: Built-in WiFi chip integrated. :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_check_mark:
U-Bolt Pro WiFi :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: Built-in WiFi chip integrated. :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_check_mark:
U-Bolt Z-Wave :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_check_mark: Ultraloq Bridge is required. Z-Wave Hub is required. :heavy_check_mark:
U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: Ultraloq Bridge is required. Z-Wave Hub is required. :heavy_check_mark:

I hope it helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

lol the door sensor is literally the ONLY shining star on my $300 wifi pro complete lemon. Very cool feature the sensor though, good luck

I did not order the model that has door sensor capabilities however my daughter did and asked me to install the unit for her. I was really annoyed that it does not work on metal doors. My daughters door is metal so it is non functional, my doors are metal and so are 99% of all new doors installed today. The only house I know of is my dads which was built in the early 60’s that has a wooden door mainly because steel doors did not exist back then. This should be clearly indicated in the specs so all are aware a wood or fibreglass or non magnetic metal door such as aluminum are the only doors this door sensor will work with. I suspect many have been disappointed find out about this after purchase.

1 Like

I echo that. I’m really annoyed about it. We got it specifically to be able to keep an eye on it.