Autolock after 15 minutes or 30 minutes

Currently, the longest duration app allows for Auto-Lock is 5 minutes.
It would be great if auto-lock could be set to longer durations such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes. It should be very easy to implement in the app and would highly benefit some users.

I too this this is important and should be able to set up to an hour and candidly should be able to set on a schedule of when it’s active. The schedule would allow it to not auto lock during the day but after maybe 5pm. It should be an option I can control. Presently I have to use IFTTT to auto set the lock time. I feel this should be inherent in the lock software.

The 5 minute setting now just eats up batteries based on the frequent trips through the door. I basically have to disable auto lock during the day to keep the kids from smashing the door jamb.

I am very appreciative of your advice! But can you tell me why would you need so longer durations, so I can imagine the scenes to be used?

Hi Carrie,

There is multiple use cases. Here are some examples of problematic situations:

• I keep my door open to unload groceries from my car but the door locks automatically after 5 minutes before I have time to finish unloading my car.
  • My neighbor knock at my door, I open and discuss with him but suddenly the door locks automatically while the door is still open.
  • I walk to my mail box but when I return the doors has locked automatically.

All these awkward situations could be avoided if I could increase the automatic lock timer to 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Taking multiple trips in and out of the house to load or unload the car

Kids playing outside and coming in and out frequently

Unloading groceries

Checking the mail

Taking out the trash

Talking with a sales rep at the door (locks while open and then dents my door frame)

Picking berries in my front yard

Eating breakfast on the porch

Etc

I really only want the autolock to engage when I leave the house and forget, not when I’m in my yard or going in and out. 30 or even up to 60-minute options would be preferred.

Thank you for your patient feedback. We will listen to more feedbacks and then consider incorporating it into our iteration plan.