Air for the residential use case

I think it’s odd that Air is marketed as a “business” platform. I recently bought Utec deadbolts for my house with 4 doors and was really disappointed when the users and pin codes had to be independently set for each door. No longer so convenient to add a temporary code - add it in 4 locks.

So I’m happy you’ve figured out how to centralize users with a web service. But honestly this is just how it should have worked all along. And it seems Air does not support fingerprints, even for a single door. So I’m actually unable to change my house over to use Air configuration since all permanent users (not the temporary ones) prefer to use fingerprints (it’s faster).

1 Like

Yes, Air web dose not support fingerprints. Because we thought fingerprints are very important and private personal data and should not be saved by cloud, though it can be realized technically.

1 Like

While I can understand the security concerns of web-based biometrics, why can we not manage users both in the app (think admins w/ fingerprint) and temp users via the web?
I was excited to switch over but I feel like this update has actually degraded my experience and now I’m annoyed that I’ve lost all of the settings I had before and can’t quickly undo.

I’ll just go back to the app for now… and then manually re-add my users.
:confounded:

1 Like

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are very willing to do our jobs better. So you think app management for users is very important for you? Second, you would like to manage fingerprints both through the app and web?

Admins should be able to store encrypted user profiles including names, photos, PINs, and fingerprints locally within the app on their chosen device. The settings should be exportable/importable to other devices in case the admin needs to change their device. Even if you couldn’t export it, starting from scratch when you get a new phone would be better than the current state. The user/admin is then responsible for safeguarding their encrypted fingerprint data, not U-Tec. I would then be able to apply a user profile to any lock in my house instead of dragging everyone around to each lock and repeating the same process over and over. I have five locks and managing all of the users is tedious.

1 Like