U-tec Smart Dimmer Switch Q&A

Can I create scenes(shortcuts) and automations using the Smart Dimmer Switch?
-Yes, you can use the U home app to create the ambiance you desire.
-Yes, you can use smart home platforms like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant if you so choose.
Choose from a plethora of products from the U-tec lineup like Ultraloqs, Switches, Plugs, Bright bulbs, and more to give you the control you want.

What smart home platforms will the Smart Dimmer Switch work with?
-Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, SmartThings, and iPhone Widget when the device is set up in the U home App.

What is Mesh Grouping and would using it benefit me?
-Your U-tec devices within a mesh group connect to each other with one main device connecting to your WiFi router. As the secondary devices connect to each other, the mesh will extend to the furthermost areas where your WiFi signals may have trouble reaching.
-If you own 1 Smart Dimmer Switch, the Mesh Group will not benefit you.
-If you own 2 Smart Dimmer Switches or more, experience the benefits of extended coverage, increased device capacity, improved connection stability, and consistent group control.

Do I need a separate hub?
-No hub is required.

Do I need one or two Smart Dimmer Switches in a 3-Way switch configuration?
-Only one U-tec Smart Switch is needed and recommended along with one manual non-dimmer switch for a 3-Way configuration. A Neutral wire will be required for a successful setup. Using two U-tec Smart Dimmer Switches in a 3-Way configuration is not recommended. Please refer to the documentation or a professional for more information.

What kind of lighting do I need to use with the Smart Switch?
-Dimmable LED, CFL, and Incandescent lighting. If you plug in non-dimmable lighting, you may experience buzzing and flickering if you lower the power from 100%.

Will the Smart Dimmer Switch work if I do not have a neutral wire?
-No, a neutral wire is required for the Smart Dimmer Switch to work. The neutral wire is usually a white color, but not always. Usually houses built in the late 1980s and beyond have neutral wiring. If you are not 100% sure, please reach out to a qualified professional for assistance.