U-Bolt Pro no firmware updates?

I have a U-Bolt Pro, and the firmware is at v01.50.0020. It says that it is up to date, but shouldn’t there be some newer firmware updates available? Like I can see that v02.26.0020 was recently released.

Manual update process for U-Bolt/U-Bolt Pro.

I was able to use this process successfully. Thanks Ben!

Does anyone know if there detailed release notes for each version?

@soupyum Please refer to this post: Ultraloq U-Bolt / U-Bolt Pro Firmware 02.26.0020 release - 5/6/2022

Yeah that post doesn’t really say anything. I was just curious if my proximity unlock will work any better than it did on v1.50. Anyway thanks for the response.

Hi All,
It seems like U-tec disabled access for this topic. So now users can’t manually update or roll back Firmware at all. Also no repository of old Firmware versions are available for the owners of the lock anymore.
Does anybody have a FirmwareTools apk and any old revisions of firmware for the U-bolt Pro ? Can you please share them with me?

After last update my lock will not respond to the fingerprint scanner upon unlock, but scanner works for adding new users. I wanted to roll back Firmware to see if anything got broken by last update. Got response from support that manual updates not provided anymore - this is outrageous. Was offered a new lock at 30% discount instead as I am out of warranty. I am not going to be doing that if that is a way company handles old clients.

That is exactly what happened to me recently - my fingerprint scanner stopped working, but I ended up discovering that it actually worked fine when enrolling new fingerprints. When trying to unlock the door, the scanner doesn’t give any indication that it activates at all. Ultraloq Support started out acting really cheery and helpful, and then suddenly said they wouldn’t support it anymore. If you find any solution, I would love to hear it.

Well here is a summary of my saga with support: If you are out of warranty - you are on your own. I’ve asked support 3 times for access to the firmware tool that WAS available on their own website just recently. I’ve asked for having users access to older versions of firmware and software - a mast in the mess that they have with the product updates and people having problems after having updates applied and want to return to previous stable versions. They gave me a BS that the firmware can’t be rolled back as per their R&D department - complete BS!!! As I am Electronics and Software Eng so i know for sure that is a BS. I am under impression that user locks been pushed updated without user consent that is kind of aligned with company hiding from users old firmware versions and tool to roll back the version if user wish to do so.They just use users as a who paid for the product as their free software testers, … but if you are out of warranty - your only recomended solution is to buy another Ultraloq product with some discount.
Good way to go U-loc - just rename the company from U-loc to I-loc, same scumbag sales tactics. This is a documented tactics .
I think its gonna get worse. I guess than you pay for U-loc it has an expiry date of a 18 month. so technically its a temporary solution unless at expiry you buy a new one :slight_smile: Just keep upgrading at discount to boost company sales revenues :rage:…Personally I will not be caving to this BS.
I am switching to other brand - **eufy Security Video Wi-Fi Smart Lock
Will see if that brand will sell me a product that will not have a life expectancy of the year and a bit.