Feature Request- Lock Jam Notification

I would like the option to have a push notification when the lock is jammed.

I get notifications when the lock is jammed, I can’t see where it is configured in the settings but i do get them.

1 Like

You are seeing the lock is jammed in the app. You are not getting a notification pushed to your phone to let you know that your door is not locked.

1 Like

I get an app notification on my Android phone when the door gets jammed, I’m sure of that.
It’s a push notification from the app.

That’s interesting. I have used 2 of these and never got a push alert notification when the lock was jammed. I have tested it many times because did see 8 it is a useful feature, especially if you do not have the door sensor.

How do you know the door was jammed, it may not have been! I fixed the alignment issue that caused my lock to jam do I don’t get the alert anymore…

I was testing it by purposely not closing the door completely and letting the bolt jam in the door frame

1 Like

When I ran the same test as you just now, I received two notifications.

First: “Door locked successfully”
After 5s later: “Deadbolt is jammed”
After 10s later: The system tries to lock again, and this time it uses enough force to push the deadbolt through.

The first notification is a defect, and they have yet to iron out this bug.

1 Like

I had a lot of problems with my lock so I replaced it with another. I now sometimes get an android push notification to my phone that the lock is jammed but usually I get the “smart notification” that there was an auto-lock a couple times and when I check in the app it shows the lock jammed.

1 Like

incoming-6F04095C-C691-4838-9A0D-AFAD55C89957

Here’s screen shots of the notification received on my iPhone and Watch.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I had to replace my lock and the new one has given me the jammed push notification a couple times but it usually does not.

1 Like

I agree, it would be great to know if the lock jams when locking