Add Siri Shortcut Support for Locks

iOS has supported the concept of “Shortcuts” for nearly 5 years or so now. Adding shortcuts to your iOS app is really easy: Apple Developer Documentation

Use cases:

• As a user, I would like to be able to say “Hey Siri, unlock my front door” and have the U-tec app unlock my front door.
  • As a user, I would like to be able to say “Hey Siri, lock my garage door” and have the U-tec app lock my garage door.

Key points here are the fact that I have multiple U-tec locks and would like to be able to distinguish between them, and I’d like to be able to call out “Lock” and “Unlock” explicitly (versus toggling the lock state).

I have this support for many of my other home smart devices (switch controls, light controls, etc) from a competitor. You don’t need to support HomeKit to support Siri Shortcuts. The big win is that the Shortcuts are supported by HomePods in your home too.

U-Tec, is this on the roadmap??

1 Like

There are claims of future HomeKit support. It is reported in another thread this support will roll out 2023. I would imaging HomeKit support will include some shortcut support

@medic725 - the Level of Effort to add Siri shortcuts is pretty small, though adding HomeKit support would probably do the trick as well. Either way, I’d like to get a solution for this as soon as possible. Are these threads actually monitored by anyone at U-Tec? This feels like an echo chamber.

1 Like

I received a quick response in the HomeKit thread after tagging a staff member directly

1 Like

Yes, please add ASAP! This will make my life and future customers very happy.

1 Like

U-tec. Please prioritize this feature request.