Unreliable U-Bolt Pro locking with Wifi Bridge

If you have same issues happened, please click here https://support.u-tec.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to submit a ticket directly. Our support team will help you via tickets.

So @Will, what is the latest bridge firmware version as of right now for users to verify for themselves that they have to current firmware version in their bridge.
I donā€™t yet have a bridge just yet, but I have ordered one and sounds like Iā€™ll be posting on this channel soon to get it upgraded :relaxed:.

I purchased in January 2023, (2) U-Bolt locks, and (1) with finger print (U-Bolt ProzWave) . I have ubiquiti - enterprise style wifi, close to all the doors, and the bridge access dongle things very close to each door. The remote locking and unlocking is extremely unreliable. So many different issues each time it feels random. For example - Iā€™ll open up my app, select the door, which shows itā€™s unlockedā€¦ Iā€™ll clicked ā€œlockā€ā€¦ and it will spin for 15s, then it will go back to showing unlocked. No error message. If I then push lock again, it will LOCK!.. but then clicking unlock afterā€¦ it will spin endlessly trying to connect. Each of the (3) locks does this. Totally half baked hardware and software.

1 Like

I am a power user with six (6) ULTRALOQ U-Bolt + Bridge WiFi Adaptors in one home. Itā€™s driving me crazy because the bridges will sometimes work and other times not be recognized. They all work fine in Bluetooth mode when Iā€™m next to them. They are very unreliable in WIFI only mode. Can you please push the firmware upgrade?

My current firmware is 02.26.0020 in all the locks.

Same issue here. Tried to open a ticket but not sure it did, lots of irrelevant questions and I just need to try a firmware update. Bridge firmware is 02.52.0503, U-Bolt Pro firmware is 02.26.0020 which the app says is the latest. Very poor Bluetooth reliability and essentially a useless brick. Usually removing the lockā€™s batteries and reinserting them fixes the connectivity issues through the bridge, but thatā€™s not very helpful. Ubiquiti AP says signal level to bridge is -50 dBm and says connection quality is excellent.

Hello, my bridge works fine with my normal ubolt, I purchased a ubolt pro and it only works via Bluetooth, I pair the bridge but the lock never gets the instructions from the app when Bluetooth is off, could the bridge update help? Thanks

Hi.
I installed ubolt pro lock which works with bt connection.

Then I tried installing the included wifi bridge. The bridge connects to home wifi network successfully but then itā€™s led keeps blinking green light. Tried removing it, reset full lock, login and out of the account as described here. Nothing worked.
Please help.

Lock firmware is 02.26.0020
Donā€™t know how to look up bridge firmware.
Wifi is 2.4 and 5 GHz but I have paused 5ghz to test the lock.

Eventually I need to have both bands wifi running. Need some information how to get the bridge to work if both bands of wifi are on.

Wellā€¦Iā€™m having the same problems using firmware 02.26.0020

Iā€™ll take one of those upgrades too if it will help my bridge to work correctly.

I now have 2 locks with WiFi bridge and Iā€™m having the same issue lately. Itā€™s turning and turning and not locking or unlocking over WiFi, Bluetooth working fine.

Can this be fixed?

I just linked a bridge to my lock and it seemed to work OK for a minute, but there are connectivity issues. Please let me know what info you might need to push an update my way. Thanks!