Auto Unlock No Longer Works After Latest App Update

@Frank any update on when that app update for Android is releasing?

Received the app update on my s22 this morning (1/19) and auto lock is now working. My wife received the update on her s20 2 days ago and auto lock started working.

… 4 attempts later. Finally got it to work. I’ve spent too long with it today so hopefully it will work on my next trip out.

In the end I had to: remove the device (lock) from the app, delete the app, reset the lock (pin on the bottom), reboot the phone, download the app, install the app, setup the lock, reset the distance to 1000, place the lock on the map 15 ft-ish in front of my front door. Then I had to go into the app permission settings and make sure it activated the precision location, run all the time, allow run in the background, auto run, and all the other damn settings. Then on my 4th attempt it finally worked. . But… It’s auto locking twice! With only having one verified unlock out of 4 attempts.

With the app updated on my iphone, the Auto Unlock has worked 3 times out of 3 times that I left the house and returned in the last 2 days. Definitely better already than it has been in the last couple of months since the app V2 update, so for anyone still having issues I definitely recommend getting the app that was just updated to v2.0.8 and then making sure that your auto lock settings are on, your lock location is properly set, and that the app has “always” permissions and precise location enabled.

Seems like it’s v2.0.8 for iOS and v2 0.9 for Android.

Received app update on 1/19 on S22 and auto lock worked perfectly for 1 day. For the last 2 days there’s a 5 minute delay when leaving / coming home so it’s pretty much worthless again. Pretty damn frustrating.

So after the app update Auto Unlock worked well for me for like 3 days, but it hasn’t worked at all since then for like 5 more days now. Around the same time it stopped working for me, I had also re-enabled Auto Unlock on my wife’s phone (since I was convinced it was working well at the time) and it hasn’t been working for either of us now. Not sure if that might have something to do with it or not but I will be testing this theory by disabling it on her phone. This is the standout feature that made my buy this deadbolt and it’s really annoying that ist has worked well enough for several years now but since the v2 app update it’s been almost entirely non functional

Same issue. iPhone 13 Pro. V2.08 app. Latest firmware.

Another week has gone by and I haven’t had a single auto unlock work. The app also seems a lot slower to connect to my locks recently. Seems like utec is really struggling to keep their products working well, and it’s disappointing that they have gone radio silent on a lot of these posts. Would love to hear that they have at least recognized that the latest app update has not fixed auto-unlock. Let us know that you are working on a fix for this, please.

A week later and without any updates to the iOS app v2.0.8 or firmware on the lock, it has actually been working about 75% of the time now between me and my wife. I haven’t done anything differently. But it’s still not as good as it was before the v2 app, and given how intermittent it has been, I expect that it will not stay this way, especially without some update. @U-tec if there are any updates in the works to improve this performance would you please let us know?

Beta version of new app is online now, which should optimize the auto unlock feature.
You could download in app store selecting beta, or wait till next week for the official release.

Installed the beta app v2.1.0 on my iphone yesterday, and when I left for about an hour and came back to the house today, the auto unlock failed to work again. Auto unlock last worked for me yesterday morning before I did the update on v2.0.8 and I was also gone for just shy of an hour before returning.

:frowning: Dittos. To my delight, for a brief period after my last post (a cpl weeks ago) Auto-unlock worked for about a week. Now it’s back to ‘normal’ non-functioning.
No issues w/ auto-lock. Main reason I purchased this was for the auto-unlock feature…:frowning:

So if I understand correctly, We’ll need to download new version from App store, or it will automatically update?

New version will download automatically when it’s available for the public. If you choose to do a beta test like I am doing now (not recommended for most people) there’s a thread on how to do that here: How to Download Beta Version App for Testing

It must have updated, it’s working again, fingers crossed for longevity.

When can we expect an explanation or proposed solution to the Chronic failures of auto-unlock feature? Super disappointing to have it work a couple times a month, if you’re lucky…;(!

Agreed, def not as reliable as it should be. Seems to work well for weeks/months at a time, and then go intermittent for months as well. I just noticed that the relock timing on my lock bumped down to 30s on its own, and I suspect that’s the reason Auto Unlock hasn’t been working well for me lately. It’s unlocking occasionally as I pull into my driveway, and locking again before I can get out of the car and up to the door. I had previously set it to 2 min and that usually worked well for me.